With a spring event season stretching from January all the way through to June, there's a lot to do and see in Charleston SC. Visitors flock to the area from around the world, not only to experience these top tier events for themselves, but to experience them in the unparalled setting that is uniquely The Holy City. This historic city makes for a unique backdrop with it's deep history, breathtaking and diverse architecture, and seemingly endless southern charm. Though the festivals draw crowds to the city, it's the city that keeps them coming back year after year. Here are some of Charleston's top festivals - so mark you calendar now!
- Charleston Restaurant Week - A week of discounted dining at some of the areas top restaurants, from local favorites to acclaimed high-end restaurants. - Jan 10-21 Stay in the heart of everything at One Bogard.
- Taste of Folly An exhibition of the diverse culinary fare found on Folly Beach SC. You can even cheer on your favorite server in the "Server Olympics." - Jan 19-20 Stay beachfront at The View or The Vista and walk to the festivities!
- Lowcountry Oyster Festival Named among the “top 20 events in the Southeast” with highlights including the “Oyster Shucking” & “Oyster Eating” contests, live music, and a variety of local favorite restaurants that bring food trucks and pop-up eateries. Guaranteed to be a shucking good time! - Jan 28 Stay at Palmetto Loft and experience downtown living just across the bridge from Mount Pleasant and Boone Hall Plantation.
- Charleston Wine + Food Festival A non-profit event, attendees include local and international chefs, farmers, beverage professionals, artists and experts serving up dazzling, inspiring cuisine. - Feb 28 - Mar 4 Stay at Peninsula Point. Enjoy a walk or rickshaw ride to the festival in Marion Square from this historic South of Broad pied-de-terre.
- Blessing of the Fleet & Seafood Festival This unique event celebrates Mount Pleasant's local fishing and shrimping industries. With a parade of boats, ceremonial blessing of the fleet, live music, art exhibition, and more this is an event for the whole family. - Apr 29 Stay just across the Ravenel Bridge at Todds Place.
For Athletes & Sports Fans
- Kids Run & Wonderfest - Heading to Charleston for the Cooper River Bridge Run and bringing the family along? This family friendly pre-race festival includes face-painting, petting zoo, doggie fashion show, jump castles, live music and MORE! Sure to be fun for kiddos of all ages. - Apr 6 Stay at The Grand, a spacious home with room for the whole family!
- Cooper River Bridge Run The race is on! Run, jog, or walk your way across the iconic Arthur J Ravenel bridge. Celebrate your hard work at the post-race party in Marion Square. - Apr 7 Stay at Kings Line, and you'll find a comfortable place to relax and unlace your shoes just down the street from the finish line.
- Volvo Car Open One of the nations largest women-only tennis tournaments, it draws professional tennis players and sports fans from around the world to Charleston's Daniel Island. - Mar 31 - Apr 8 Stay downtown at Studio 36 and explore the Holy City at night after the competition on the courts winds down.
For Wildlife Enthusiasts
- Southeastern Wildlife Exposition (SEWE) With 500+ artists, exhibitors, and wildlife experts drawing more than 40,000 attendees to the area, this is one of Charleston's TOP events each year. Sporting dog demos, birds of prey demos, and culinary demos are among the main attractions. - Feb 16-18 Stay close by at 170 Spring and walk to the festival at Marion Square.
For History Buffs
- Charleston International Antiques Show A showcase of 17th to mid–century modern English, European, and American period furnishings, fine art on display, architectural elements, garden furniture, vintage jewelry, silver and more. - Mar 16-18
- Festival of Houses & Gardens Your chance to step inside some of the city's charming private homes and spectacular gardens. Luncheons, musical performances, and lowcountry lifestyle events included. - Mar 15-Apr 21 Stay in the historic French Quarter at Maison Des Fleurs, just steps from many of the featured homes and Charleston's famed harbor.
- Charleston Fashion Week Showcasing Charleston's most fashionable boutiques & trendsetters, and emerging designer and model talent across the country. - Mar 13-17 Stay at Cannon's Place.
For Arts Lovers
- Piccolo Spoleto A whirlwind 500 event in 17 days showcasing performing, literary, and visual arts featuring local and regional artists from the Southeast. - May 25 - Jun 10 Stay at Ivy Terrace.
- Spoleto Festival USA Internationally recognized as America’s premier performing arts festival, Charleston hosts renowned and emerging artists in the performing, literary, and visual arts spaces. - May 25-Jun 10 Stay a while at Cotton House, in Charleston's Harleston Village neighborhood.
Learn more about this spring's Top 5 Events In Charleston You Cant Miss! With our portfolio of luxury vacation rentals centrally located near all of your favorite festivals and events, we've got your PERFECT place to stay.